XFP 2 Loop 32 Zone Addressable Fire Panel (C-TEC CAST protocol)
C-TEC’s tried and trusted XFP two loop 32 zone addressable fire alarm panel – now available with C-TEC’s own digital fire alarm system protocol, CAST.
With a powerful 40V 500mA loop driver allowing the connection of up to 255 CAST devices, the installation of a cost-effective, feature-packed addressable fire alarm system has never been easier.
Always thought of the XFP as an entry-level fire panel? Think again. Thanks to CAST’s multiple type codes, high speed data transmission and two speedy soft addressing options (automatic via the panel or manually via a handheld programmer/device tester), it is undoubtedly one of the most powerful single loop fire panels around. This, and its ability to sit on a network of up to 8 XFP master panels, makes it ideal for use in small to medium sized stand-alone applications and larger, more sophisticated installations alike.
CAST’ is the world’s most-advanced ‘distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Now available to purchase, its key features include:
- 255 devices per loop.
- Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
- Multiple type codes.
- 40V loop drive voltage.
- Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
- Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
- Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices) – due 2019.
- Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
- High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
- Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
- Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
- Replace device function.
- Programmable multi-function status LED.
- Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
- Designed and manufactured in the UK.
- Certified to EN54-2/4 by the Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB).
- Two independently programmable conventional sounder circuits.
- Two programmable inputs.
- A fault output relay and three programmable relay outputs with voltage free changeover contacts.
- A selection of zone dependency/coincidence functions.
- A day/night (building occupied/unoccupied) function.
- An investigation delay period function.
- Phased evacuation facility.
- An alarm counter that records how many times the panel has been in alarm state.
- Powerful short circuit protected loop drivers.
- An integral EN54-4/A2 switch mode.
- Adjustable contamination levels.
- Earth fault monitoring.
- Combined keypad / keyswitch entry to Access Levels 2 and 3.
- 999 event monitoring.
- An intuitive Windows based upload-download PC program.
- Up to eight XFP main panels (any variant) can be connected onto a two-wire RS485 non-redundant network. Alternatively, up to eight XFP repeaters can be connected to any non-networked main panel.
- Approvals/certifications: Certified to EN54-2/4 by the LPCB.
- Protocol/compatibility: C-TEC CAST.
- Mains supply: 230V 50/60Hz.
- Mains rated current: 680mA maximum.
- Internal power supply: 27Vdc nominal.
- Total output current limited to: 3A @ 230Vac (Imax.A 250mA; Imin. 70mA).
- Quiescent current: 100mA (loop unloaded).
- Max battery size and type: 2 x 12V 7Ah VRLA connected in series.
- No. of loop drivers: 2.
- Max. loop output current: 500mA (40V max).
- Max. loop length: 1KM.
- Max. addressable devices per loop: 255.
- No. of conventional sounder circuits: 2 (Max. length per circuit is 500m).
- EOL resistor value: 6800Ω 5% Tol. 0/25W (blue, grey, red, gold).
- Max. sounder output current: 400mA.
- Auxiliary relays: 3 x Programmable Relays (programmable from C&Es). 1 x Fault Relay (active when no faults are present). Volt free single pole changeover. Max. switch current 1A; Max. switch voltage 30Vdc.
- Other outputs: 24V Aux. Power (19.5V min, 28V max). Protected by a resettable fuse. Max. current 100mA.
- Auxiliary inputs: 2 x Programmable Inputs (programmable from C&Es). Connect to 0V to trigger, Max. input voltage 27V (non-latching).
- PC connection: PC connection via RS232 molex connector (supplied in XFP507 upload/download software kit); No printer connection available.
- Indicators: 2 line x 40 character backlit display; 32 Zonal LEDs, General Fire; Energised; Pre-Alarm; Remote Output Activated; Remote Output Disabled; Accessed; Disablement; Test; Silenced; General Fault; System Fault.
- Connections: Fixed, largest acceptable conductor size 1mm2.
- Expansion connections: 2-wire RS485 non-redundant network/repeater connection available via optional AFP711 network card. Max. 8 mains per network or 8 repeaters per non-networked main. Limit 1KM (main panel network) or 500M (repeater network).
- Product dimensions (mm: 410 W x 250 H x 80 D mm (base); 439 W x 274 H x 7 D mm (lid).
- Hole required for semi-flush mounting: 412 W x 255 H x 50 D mm. Requires XFP385 bezel
- Construction & finish: Metal.
- IP Rating: TBC.
- Weight: 4.5kg (no batteries).
- Operating conditions/temperature: -5ºC to +40ºC. Max relative humidity: 95%.